Monday, May 4, 2009

Life

I have come to realize that life isn't always easy, in fact, it tends to be an uphill battle.

Lately, I've been questioning what is right, and what is wrong. Is it black and white, or just shades of gray? When you're put in the middle of a sticky situation, are you supposed to do what's right, or keep your mouth shut for self preservation purposes?
Today, a friend said something to me that I never thought of before, but it makes all the sense in the world... "you can trust people, but you never put your trust IN people." It takes me a while to trust people regardless if it's trusting them, or putting my trust in them. Life has been a bumpy and tumultuous road for the 20 years that I have been alive, it has taught me a lot, but has also left its scars...which I guess is the case for everyone. I'd love to have the mentality that the world is good, that people are good, and that you will never be scarred, but life has taught me otherwise. It is my #1 wish to be able to believe in people and the beauty in the world again.
Posting a daily (or weekly) blog is something I've wanted to do for a long time. I am a writer at heart, so it's a need more than a want to write. It's a release from the pain and the weight that life bestows upon us. Mostly, for me, it's a way to work through my feelings in a rational way I guess. I don't have trust in people for the most part, but I guess I'm willing to spill it in a blog somewhere in the world wide web. =] Interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment