Monday, May 18, 2009

Appreciation

So there are these 3 girls in my life who I've known for a while, but have become closer to in the past month or so...
One is my best friend at school. She just gets me. We've gotten to the point where we don't even have to talk to have a conversation. I remember one night we were eating dinner and these boys walk in and she just looked at me, and all I said was "no" and she was like "haha ok" and everyone around us was really confused, but we knew exactly what the other was thinking. In a year and half, we've helped each other through a lot, and she told me recently that I helped her more than I knew, that she was seriously depressed, and my persistence to get her out of her room, and just to be around people helped her a lot. She brought me to tears with her heartfelt thanks and appreciation for our friendship. That's all I really want...is to make an impact on someone's life in a good way. And I tend to feel like I put more into a friendship or a relationship than the other person, and I'm just so grateful that I have a friendship where I feel like 1. That our friendship doesn't require work, it just is there and 2. I feel that we both put in the same amount of time and care into it.

Another girl I was close to last year, and then got even closer to this year. We've had some tough fights, but I feel that it has made us closer and stronger than ever. I don't think she has fully come to realize it, but she is intelligent, funny, beautiful and a wonderful person. She has her defenses, but her past has caused her to have her guard up, but its what makes her who she is. When I hang out with her, I just get to be me. I don't worry about looking stupid or weird. We're weird together! lol!!! We have a lot of fun, and we can be serious too. When she gets sad, I want to cry too. Cuz I don't think she knows, but she's got a place in my heart, so when she hurts, I hurt too. I haven't really learned the right thing to do or say when she's upset, but I'm sure I'll get it one day. I love that we have our own lives, but at the end of the day, we chill and talk.

Last, and certainly not least...this girl is gorgeous, smart, funny, kind, compassionate, and very independent. We just started getting close, but I feel like I can tell her pretty much anything. I love the fact that she never judges, she just listens and gives advice and is there to support her friends in anything they want to do. She has a carefree and spontaneous attitude that I admire a lot. She loves to have fun, but if you need her to be serious, she can have some deep conversations. What I think I love the most is that very recently, we just started to realize we had a lot more in common than we thought we did. While not all of the things we have in common are happy, it's good to know that there is someone else who has gone through it and we can talk about it and know where the other person is coming from.

Now that I'm home for the summer...I'm separated from these girls, at least for a little while, and I miss them already! Because whether they know it or not, they have affected me a lot in this past month. It was weird coming home, because no matter where the day took me, I ended my night with these girls. The last night at school, we ended the night with all of us laying around in my room. We weren't even really talking, it was just comfortable silence. All of us thinking, and being in our own world, but feeling the presence of these girls around me was a comfort that I already miss. I love the 3 of them more than they know.

1 comment:

  1. GET IT GET IT GET IT DON'T FORGET IT.
    THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL THE EQUILIBRIUM & WE ARE ON & POPPING LIKE POP CORN WITH BUTTER ON TOP.
    AND I MISS YOU TOO SAM & YOU HAVE AFFECTED ME AS WELL.
    IT'S CRAZY HOW WE ALL GOT SO CLOSE SO FAST BUT I LOVE IT & ONCE OUR SUMMER CHECKS START COMING IN WE WILL HAVE MORE TO BLOG ABOUT :)

    ReplyDelete