Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This complacency silences the world. It numbs feeling and puts a stop to original thought. It is the death of creativity. The invisible walls in which she was confined start to crack, the mime will lash out and shout from the rooftops.

My creativity has been drained by the life I am leading. First pull...my reflexes slow. Second pull...my senses dull, Third pull...my energy evaporates. Fourth pull...my ability of thought and speech cease to work. While you are my beautiful friend...I am overindulgent when it comes to you. You swirl around in my lungs, course through my body, and I once was filled by wonder and excitement by you, I am now filled with complacency. I feel as if a part of my soul was lost along the way. The fire that made me who I am slowly burned out. Can I get that fire back? I miss it dearly. It was extinguished by my own negative thoughts and the negative words/actions of others. People, as well as myself, have contributed to my belief that I should be one who stands on the sidelines. My mind, my heart, my soul, my very being is screaming out to be noticed. I won't take what's not mine, but it's my time to shine. I'm not meant to be background noise, I'm meant to be center stage.

I want to dance and skip and twirl around. I want to engage in intelligent and fulfilling conversation. I want to play fight and have water fights, I want to run around the quad, or lay down and stare up at the stars. I want to feel every emotion my mind permits. I want to experience the highs and lows of life. I want to stop hiding and face my fears. I want to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment