Thursday, February 11, 2010

I've come to the realization that I either care about things too much or not at all. My mood concerning this sways like the wind. One day I'll care, the next day I really don't. For example... some days, I HATE that I'm on opposite schedules from everyone because they all get to hang out together, while I'm stuck in class or doing homework. And other days, I'm like YES! Alone time!
I suppose that my problem is that everyone assumes I don't listen to or notice everything that goes on around me, but I do. So on the days that I care, I'll see or hear or be told something that makes me feel some type of way. On the days that I don't care, I need to be by myself to basically let go/dump out all of the crap that has accumulated in my mind. Because I realize it's just all unnecessary bullshit, is it going to matter in a month or a year or a few years from now? If the answer is no, then it shouldn't concern me.
Everyone comes to me with their problems, which to me, is a beautiful thing. I love being trusted by someone enough to hear their problems, but I guess I give off the vibe that not only can you talk to me, but you can lean heavy on me for everything. And its one thing to be a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to, but its something entirely different to be so involved in your problems that I'm doing the work FOR you. I get too emotionally invested in other people's problems, because I want to help them so much that I end up stressing myself out, so I'm trying to step away from that. But in all of this happening, I get to push my problems aside, which I love and hate. I love it because it's easier to deal with other people's problems as opposed to dealing with my own, but I hate it because I know that's probably not the healthiest thing in the world for me. But as a result of this, I stopped talking to other people about problems and whatnot that I have...which is honestly a lot healthier for me. I love to get everyone's opinion, and everyone should NOT be privy to my problems. Plus everyone has a different opinion which does not help, and what I'm realizing is how I think about things and how i deal with things is a lot different than most people, so their advice doesn't help much.

Ok to summarize...I enjoy my time with friends, but I'm LOVING my alone time. If for no other reason, I know I'm growing because I love myself a whole more these days, and I enjoy my own company. =] yay go me

1 comment:

  1. lol i sooooo feel you. i def agree w everything here. you should know that. i mean i love being mama but sometimes i just wanna let go and release you know? and not have to be strong for everyone else. im slowly learning to put myself and my needs first and foremost. the ppl around me will feel some type of way, but if they love me, they'll understand that there's no way i can help them if im fucked up. same for you love.

    ReplyDelete