Sunday, February 21, 2010

Outside influences fuck with my head
They say you can't, they say you're not good enough
They match the voices in my head
Words I've long been trying to erase
I fight to prove something
To no one
Because no one looks in this direction
You look at me
And see someone who isn't me
You don't see someone so scared
To just be who she is
I've been taught to hide
To be ashamed
Of who I am
Long ago told that no one would ever love me
Or care
One sentence stuck on repeat for the past 6 years
You thought I forgot, but how could I?
My soul is wounded
You love me and I wish I could return it
But I'll never put myself in that position
To be so badly hurt
Not ever again
I want to shine, I want to be the person I know I am
But I just can't
So I'll keep hiding behind this stranger you think I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment