Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I recently had a conversation with someone I used to have a crazy crush on. And the person definitely knew about. I asked how they knew about the crush and they told me it was just a feeling and also that I "cared a lot". While I know I'm not the most slick person, I didn't think I was so obvious. As a rule in my life, I never tip my hand before the other person tips theirs. While I apparently am extremely obvious, I'm completely oblivious to people liking me. I assume people don't, so they literally have to tell me that they like me or want to hook up or whatnot. Or I've had it happen where the person had to be so obvious that even a blind person could see it. I can call everything that's going to happen in someone else's love life, but in my own, I'm blind.
Over break, my roomie had commented on the fact that I'm intense when talking to someone new because I throw questions at them right off the bat. I see this as being blunt, because I really am incapable of easing my way into something, I actually find it to be a waste of time. There's something I want to know or say, so I'm just going to ask you, or spit out whatever it is I have to say.

On an entirely different subject...
I was having a conversation with some friends concerning the fact that I plan on hooking up with an ex who has a girlfriend. While cheating isn't something I condone, it's also something that happens every day. I'm too loyal, so I would never cheat on someone I was with. But I'm not with anyone, and I don't owe anyone anything. So if someone I want to get with, and have wanted to get with for years wants to get with me and that person just so happens to be in a relationship...that's not my problem. That's basically what it comes down to. Is he a douche for cheating? Yes. Even though he probably thinks he has a valid reason for cheating, he has no ground to stand on. There's never a reasonable excuse for cheating. Had I wanted to date him, this would be a problem, seeing as how I have no desire to be in a relationship or engage in any romantic entanglements, I'm going to enjoy myself, and he can deal with that mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment