Monday, March 1, 2010

I convinced myself I needed you
I convinced myself I needed anyone
But the truth is
I'm best on my own
No stress, no pressure, no one's judgment or expectations
By myself
I can be me
I can be free
I wish I could be that person around people
It's the only time I'm truly happy

Heartbreak and sadness
are trappings
of a life I live
but not the one I was meant for.

I know I was meant for something different
Always conscious of what's different about me
Being insecure of those differences
Just because society says be ashamed

My hopes, my fears
My insecurities
Only further make me who I am
Yet I'm ashamed of all of it

A person terrified
Of who they are
Doesn't live
The simply survive, one day at a time
I don't want to just survive anymore
I want to live
I want to be free

1 comment:

  1. i def can identify with parts of this...sigh. my advice is take everything one day at a time and just be better than yesterday. don't worry about tomorrow cuz tomorrow is always today. :-) love you Sexy Cheeks

    ReplyDelete