Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hi World...I'm sober

I find the fact that I don't remember the last weekend I had that was substance free to be really pathetically sad. When your life starts to revolve around drugs/alcohol, when you're bored and getting high is the 1st thing you think to do, when getting high/drunk becomes routine, you know its time to hit the breaks.
What kind of life is that?! It makes no fucking sense. Like its just really pathetic. That's when you know it's time to reevaluate your life. And I guess some people just never see beyond the drugs or the alcohol. It consumes their life. If their content with their lives being about that, then ok, I mean I guess. But that's not me, it never will be.
Now here's the problem...while I have recently crossed over to the 24/7 sober camp, a bunch of my friends are still in the let's get fucked up at every available time camp. I can't judge, because I've been there. But a friend stopped doing the shit that we do a few months ago, and she felt as if there was no room for her in our lives. I didn't understand that because I love her and whatever her decision, I still wanted her to be part of my life. But I understand how she felt. I don't question that my friends love me and don't want to lose me, but it's like...if you're always getting fucked up, and that's no longer what I'm doing...when is it that we're going to hang out? And if most of your time is spent like that...then that means the time I spend with you is going to be cut way back.
I don't know...I guess we'll see how it goes.

1 comment: