Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sick

I woke up super sick today. But that also brings me to one of my resolutions for this year; I NEED to take better care of myself. When someone else is sick, I try to take care of them and get them better. But when I'm sick, I kind of only half try to get myself better cuz I don't care that much, my mentality is that it'll eventually go away. But taking care of myself doesn't only pertain to when I'm sick, I need to start taking care of myself in general. No more being up half the night when I have class in the morning, no more getting high all day, every day. I'm going to start working out again, because it makes me feel good about myself, and for my health, I should lose some weight.
I've realized that I need to set realistic goals for myself. I start out really hyped over something and then when I don't live up to the goals I set for myself, I feel bad or disappointed in myself. And I don't want that anymore. I'm slowly realizing that I need to treat myself better, and stop judging myself so harshly. Judgment in moderation is something that I think every one needs. You need to be a little critical of yourself sometimes. But I do it too much, and I end up making myself feel like shit.
I'm slowly learning that I'm me, and that's all I can be, and I need to be happy with that person. And if I'm not, then it's on me to change something about myself. 2010 is definitely a time for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment