Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A love letter to a future lover

Someone was reading me an assignment for their class, and it inspired me to mimic the assignment...
Dear future lover,
I've been impatient waiting for you to come along. I was searching for you for a while, but stopped because I knew it was useless. I know that you're out there, and that you will come in time. I know you'll show up at the right time. Maybe you'll come when everything is peaceful in my life, or maybe you'll be a knight in shining armor of sorts. You'll come at a hectic time in my life. You'll realize the situation and be there for me. We'll meet in a coffee shop. We'll make polite conversation about our mutual addiction to coffee, and the prices for lattes. When our time is up, you'll ask for my number. I'll be a bit skeptical, but I'll give it to you anyway.

You'll surprise me when I hear from you later that day; you don't believe in waiting x amount of days until you contact the woman. We'll text and chat on the phone, getting to know each other. You'll be cute with your messages, and know how much is enough communication. You'll be sarcastic at times, and you'll enjoy my sarcasm.

You'll ask me to meet you for coffee, and I will accept the invitation. Our conversations will be intelligent and deep, because you appreciate that I enjoy intellectual conversations, and you enjoy hearing my opinions on things. I will become more comfortable with you, and inform you that I am untrusting of people, and that I bring some baggage to the table. You'll smile and welcome the challenge of getting me to open up. You'll charm me with you persistence and your personality, and I will open up to you quicker than expected.

We'll go on dates, and walks through a local park or something outdoors, because we both have an appreciation for nature. At the end of each date, you'll walk me to my door. We'll pause, prolonging the conversation, because we both do not want to leave each other. Then, when the conversation is over, you lean in, and we kiss. Our first kiss will be magical. It will be full of curiosity, wonder, and anticipation. You keep it short and respectful. You'll smile and say goodnight, and wait for me to safely get into my apartment and lock the door. You say you want to know that I'm safe. You'll have an idea that I like you, but you'll be making me week at the knees.

One night, you'll say you have a surprise. You'll tell me to come to your place. I'll be nervous, not knowing what to expect. When I get there, you'll be cooking. You'll hand me a glass of a fruity red wine, because you know it's my favorite, and you'll tell me to make myself comfortable. We'll eat and talk and laugh. You'll kiss me passionately. And then it will happen. It will be perfect; it won't be rushed, and it will feel right. We'll become lost in each other; limbs entangled, souls intertwined, hearts sewn together. It'll feel like nothing we've ever experienced before. We'll live happily ever after, not because either of us is perfect, or because we won't encounter problems. It'll last because we both realize that we love each other and that what we have is something rare and worth fighting for.

I want to let you know now, that I can be difficult at times; I am hot-headed and stubborn, but in the end, my love for you will overcome everything.

I can't wait to meet you, but until then, I'll be dreaming of you.
Love,
Sam

5 comments:

  1. http://renegadefashion-renegadefashion.blogspot.com/
    i think you'd be interested in my blog, ive just started out but your blogs really cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I randomly found your blog, and I have decided I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I accidently saw your blog... Especially in "A love letter to a future lover".. Really superb.. wonderful... I read it more than 10 times.. But i never get tired.. Its interesting... I like your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you guys! Didn't see this until now, I appreciate it. =]

    ReplyDelete