Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summerrr

The summer has flown by. It seemed as though I blinked and then it was over. This summer has been one of the most demanding, most rewarding, most peaceful summers of my life. It was actually every thing I hoped it would be, and it even exceeded my expectations.
It was so peaceful here on campus over the summer. At first, the silence freaked me out, but now I love it. At no other time could it be so quiet. I've paced the wall in front of lenape, listening to my ipod and dancing and singing down the wall, ive danced in the rain and sang along to the songs on my ipod on the top of my lungs, i've become more active in my daily life, I committed myself to my job and my classes and did better than I ever thought I could at both.
Of course I've had some bumps in the road including a pregnancy scare, my never ending issues with jonathan, and getting temporarily involved with a douche bag named Gary. But the thing that I've learned is that I can handle all of these things. I feel the key to me doing so well is having my own space. When I needed to do homework or a paper, I was able to turn down offers to hang out and go back to my room and do what I needed to do. Or if I was having an off day or just wanted to be alone, I could. I didn't have a roommate or people constantly in my room. I love my roomie and my friends, but I'm in serious need of my own space. It's how I balance out my emotions, my moods, just everything.
I need to do as well as I did this summer in my classes in the Fall and Spring. And I don't know how I'm going to do that with everything going on. There's always people and music and chaos, and I just can't live that life anymore. I can't smoke everyday, I can't hang out all the time, I can't stay up until all hours of the night. I just CANT. I wonder how my new way of doing things is going to clash with my old lifestyle. This should be interesting...
I'm nervous I bit off more than I can chew with my set up for the Fall. 2 jobs, 6 classes, Senior Celebration Committee, and SA Programming board...meh...it's gonna be death.

No comments:

Post a Comment