Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hmm

I recently encountered a situation where one person was in love with someone, while that person was still hung up on someone else. It made me realize we all weave tangled webs. I've been in that situation. I've been the person in love, and I've been the person who was caught between 2 people. And I've been in a situation where I like someone who likes me but is in love with someone else and the person they're in love with is in love with them but is also in love with someone else. It always makes me think how people get to that point where they're basically in a love...square?
Feelings are just uncontrollable, intense little bastards. You don't see them coming, you have little to no control over them, you're kind of stuck on a roller coaster ride.
I wish there was a legitimate field that required you to study emotions and feelings. I would have that as my job for the rest of my life. Scientists can explain it in scientific terms, and to them, that's what it means. In my opinion, when you have to explain feelings and emotions in that manner, it's because you're utterly confused by them and want to make some kind of sense out of them. Anything in this world that scares us, we explain away until it's a little less scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment