Monday, February 7, 2011

Thoughts, Questions & Randomness

We constantly talk about changing ourselves, tweaking ourselves, or "fixing" things about us. But it seems that we never stop to think that maybe these flaws are simply in our nature; maybe it's who we are. I've been struggling with finding the line of making healthy changes without changing who I am. I'm an emotional, passionate, driven, stubborn, somewhat insecure person. I have things I'd like to change, but who's to say that's not who and how I'm supposed to be. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't want to tweak and change things to subconsciously fit into the mold of how people are supposed to act.


On a random note...
I'm absolutely obsessed with "Patience" by Nas & Damian Marley
Especially...

Huh, we born not knowing, are we born knowing all?
We growing wiser, are we just growing tall?
Can you read thoughts? can you read palms?
Huh, can you predict the future? can you see storms, coming?

Can you read signs? can you read stars?
Can you make peace? can you fight war?
Can you milk cows, even though you drive cars? huh
Can you survive, Against All Odds, Now?

In a world full of 52 fakers

*The entire song is awesome, but these are the lyrics that really stick with me*

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we need to change, but only for ourselves not for the sake of others. Always be true to who you are, and be inspired to be better, but inspire others to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of this all day, today. Be yourself! That is who you're meant to be and are actually happy being.

    ReplyDelete